Thanks for expressing interest in Whitefield. This page gives information to help you to decide if we are the right accountant for you, and the process of joining us.
First, if you haven’t visited already, take a look at our Fees and Services Page
If you are a Yoga or Holistic Health business then hop over to our daughter business YogaTax for tailored information
- Are We Right For You?
- Enquire About Our Services
- Company Formation
- Service Specifications, Terms of Business and Fees
We predominantly look after our clients by telephone and email although personal appointments are available at our office in Brading, Isle of Wight. Walk up appointments without booking are not possible – sorry, this is because most of our staff work from home.
We are experienced in working this way, and happily accept clients from throughout the UK, most of whom we never physically meet, although if you are visiting on holiday or business, and want to call in to put a face to the name, we can normally to have the kettle on.
For Isle of Wight clients we are happy to arrange in person appointments, at our offices or your business, and we appreciate that this is often a good idea at the start of a new accountant/client relationship.
We are a team practice, so if its important to you to have one person doing everything, then we may not be right for you. However we are a small team and, of course, talk to each other so nobody need worry about contacting the wrong person in the practice. All the contact details are here.
- This also covers company formation, and registration of existing Companies, LLPs, Partnerships and Sole traders. It may be sensible to print the form first, get the information you need together, and then complete it.
- If you are a Yoga Teacher, then please use the Registration Form on our YogaTax Website
- If you would rather deal with this form over the phone, you can arrange a pre-booked telephone appointment with us. Please contact us by Phone or Email.
- If we are Incorporating a Company for You, Please see our Guidance on Selecting Company Names
If you are instructing us to form a new company for you, then use our Registration Form and select “Company Formation”.
Company formation normally costs £120+vat = £144, and payment can be made at the time of registering or by phoning card details through.
Just a note on this fee – you can form a company yourself at Companies House for £20, using the same service as we use. Our fee covers advice and guidance – you probably only form a company once, or a handful of times, in your life – we do it daily and know the pitfalls and practicalities to get it right.
In terms of time scales on forming a company:
- Submission to Companies House – we normally do this same day or next day, and expect to have the company number same day or within 24 hours.
- Completion of file opening – we have a number of formalities to complete, including identification and sending you a comprehensive welcome pack, and where requested dealing with vat registration, etc – we tailor our advice bespoke to each client to make sure you are setting out on the right foot – allow a week for this, although its normally less.
- Vat Registration – this is outside of our hands, allow four weeks, although HMRC are normally quicker. We apply for this online for you.
- Bank accounts – bank account opening is never quick these days due to banks customer identification requirements and bureaucracy. We strongly advise clients to start with their existing bank as that should be the quickest route. For Companies, the bank account must be in the company name, and can’t be processed until the company is registered at Companies House.
For all new clients, we need identification from you so that we can comply with anti money laundering rules.
For service specifications, fees and similar, see our Services and Sectors page.
That page sets out our services for PSCs and also fixed fee packages for other businesses.