This Content Was Last Updated on February 9, 2017 by Jessica Garbett
What is allowable for employees?
Fees and subs are allowable if they are in this list and are:
- a statutory fee or contribution where employees pay this out of their earnings from an employment and are required to pay this as a statutory condition of their employment
- are an annual subscription to a body where employees pay this out of their earnings from an employment and the activities of the body are directly relevant to the employment
- where the activities of a body are directly relevant to an employment where the performance of the duties of that employment is either:
– directly affected by the knowledge concerned
– involves the exercise of the profession concerned.
You can find the list of deductions for fees and subscriptions paid to professional bodies or learned societies on HMRC’s website.
Article contributed by ACCA