This Content Was Last Updated on February 9, 2017 by Jessica Garbett
What fees and subscriptions are allowable for an employee for tax purposes?
A fee or sub is allowable if:
- it appears in this list and is a statutory fee or contribution where employees pay this out of their earnings from an employment and are required to pay this as a statutory condition of their employment; or
- it is an annual subscription to a body where employees pay this out of their earnings from an employment and the activities of the body are directly relevant to the employment; or
- where the activities of a body are directly relevant to an employment where the performance of the duties of that employment is either:
- directly affected by the knowledge concerned
- involves the exercise of the profession concerned.
Article extracted from ACCA “In Practice” Newsletter