Preparing for Brexit
A look at government guidance, including on VAT MOSS.

The guidance issued by the government to businesses and consumers – How to prepare if the UK leaves the EU with no deal – contains guidance on each of the following areas:

  • applying for EU-funded programmes
  • civil nuclear and nuclear research
  • farming
  • importing and exporting
  • labelling products and making them safe
  • money and tax
  • regulating medicines and medical equipment
  • state aid
  • studying in the UK or EU
  • workplace rights.

The guidance continues to be updated and is useful for those undertaking general business planning. For example:

  • if preparing planning and forecasting material for a farming business the commentary on the farming funding guarantee until the end of the parliament (expected in 2022) is useful to have in a single place of reference
  • a business that wishes to continue to use the VAT MOSS system will need to register for the VAT MOSS non-Union scheme. ‘This can only be done after the date the UK leaves the EU. The non-union MOSS scheme requires businesses to register by the 10th day of the month following a sale. You will need to register by 10 April 2019 if you make a sale from the 29 to 31 March 2019, and by 10 May 2019 if you make a sale in April 2019.

Article from ACCA In Practice