This Content Was Last Updated on March 7, 2023 by Jessica Garbett
If you are on the move, here are some pointers to what you need to do regarding changing your address from a Tax/Vat/Companies House perspective – not all of these will apply to everyone of course:
Let Us Know
- Tell us please – by email, or using this form.
Companies House and HMRC
- If you operate a company, you will need to:
- Notify Companies House about the change of registered office (although in many cases the registered office may be our address anyway). If the company is currently registered at your home address, you will need to update the record.
- Notify Companies House about the change of address for each director.
- Update Persons with Significant Control information.
- If you are VAT registered you will need to notify HMRC – Do this directly with HMRC via your online account or calling them.
- If you are an employer (including Companies in respect of directors), then you will need to notify the HMRC Employers Section – Do this directly with HMRC via your online account or calling them.
- If you are a company and your registered office is changing then you will need to notify the Corporation Tax section at HMRC – the address details and reference will be on communications that HMRC send to your company about Corporation Tax. This won’t apply if we are your Registered Office.
- You will need to let HMRC know in respect of your Self Assessment and personal taxes Do this directly with HMRC via your online account or calling them.
Other Notifications to Consider
- Your bank and credit card companies
- Council Tax amd Business Rates