The Government has various investment schemes for businesses to raise capital in a tax privileged environment.
- Enterprise Investment Scheme
- Seed Enterprise Investment Scheme
- Social Investment Tax Relief
- Venture Capital Trusts
The detail of these schemes is outside this brief guide.
For an overview of relief for investors – see HMRC Guidance
For an overview of schemes for businesses – see HMRC Guidance – we would add that the thresholds and regulatory nature of these schemes are such that Whitefield / YogaTax clients won’t be using them, eg:
- Restrictions on age of business
- Restrictions on investment by directors and employees
- The relatively complex application process
The schemes do, of course, have their place but tailored advice is required.