Grant offers £2,000 towards professional advice and training on import and export rules including VAT
Where businesses need a little help with export rules, they may want to look at the SME Brexit Support Fund. The grant provides up to £2,000 to help with training or professional advice, including advice on rules of origin or dealing with a supply chain.
The grant is for training on:
- how to complete customs declarations
- how to manage customs processes and use customs software and systems
- specific import – and export-related aspects including VAT, excise and rules of origin
The business must:
- be established in the UK
- have been established in the UK for at least 12 months before submitting the application, or currently hold Authorised Economic Operator status
- not have previously failed to meet its tax or customs obligations
- have no more than 500 employees
- have no more than £100m turnover
- import or export goods between Great Britain and the EU, or move goods between Great Britain and Northern Ireland
The business must also either:
- complete (or intend to complete) import or export declarations internally for its own goods
- use someone else to complete declarations but require additional capability internally to effectively import or export – for example, advice on rules of origin or advice on dealing with a supply chain.
PwC will be administering the grants for HMRC.
This article has been shared from ACCA In Practice, to whom copyright belongs. Whitefield Tax are an ACCA Member Firm