Under Clause 32 of our Terms of Business we can change our terms of business:
- By 30 days notice being given on the terms of business section of our website
- By immediate notice on our website where circumstances dictate
We give notice of some current changes below. These are:
- Updating liability and responsibilities for one off assignments and our “Ask an Accountant” service, to confirm we do not accept ongoing obligations, eg to refresh advise if legislation changes.
- Incorporating rights and responsibilities for Making tax Digital for VAT. These broadly follow existing rights and responsibilities for vat work. We also confirm we do not accept liability for technical IT failures of external software suppliers, eg FreeAgent or Bridging Software.
- Amending references to “Standing order” to include “Direct Debit” as we undertake a process of migration.
Read our current Terms of Business incorporating the changes below:
|Date of change||Effective Date||Summary of changes|
|28 January 2019||immediate||Update to clause 17 regarding one off assignments to cover our “Ask an Accountant service” and to confirm that for one off assignments we do not offer any ongoing services or advice, and we do not commit to updating advice given if law or regulation changes.|
|28 January 2019||28 February 2019||New section 14g and sub sections to cover rights and responsibilities in respect of Making Tax Digital for VAT (MTDfV) being introduced in 2019.
Consequential amendment 9a.i and 9c
|28 January 2019||immediate||All references to “standing orders” updated to read “standing order or direct debit”|