The end of the tax year is nearly with us. In April the annual tax cycle starts. Here is some guidance on getting tax and accounting information to us.
What do we need?
Generally, we need
- A Self Assessment Data Request form – you can complete this online
- Your business accounts if you run a business – a guide is here
Before sending your business accounts information in it is a good idea to check expenses – there is a guide to expenses here and this link from our daughter business YogaTax may help our Yoga clients and other smaller businesses
When do we need it by?
We need the information above no later than 30 September 2019. You can send it any time after 6 April, once everything is together. The deadline is to help us manage work flow and avoid rushes near to the filing date, which are neither good for our service to clients, nor good for the stress load on our staff team.
If we receive your information after 1 October 2019, then we may charge a £100+vat surcharge for late processing – generally we won’t charge this if
- this is your first year with us
- personal circumstances mean you need extra time to get information to us
- your tax affairs are very simple
We try and balance the deadlines and surcharge with pragmatism, and realise taxes are a stress for many, but a deluge of submissions near to filing deadlines is very problematic.