This Content Was Last Updated on November 5, 2015 by Jessica Garbett


A client query:

Had a letter from companies house saying end of year accounts have not been filled and need to be done so by Jan, Is this something I am meant to do?

If so what do I need to send them and can it be done online?

And our reply:

You’re responsible for filing the accounts at Companies House.

If you look at the original of the email you replied to, there should be an attachment, “2098 abbreviated accounts 310308”? These need to be printed off, signed and sent to Companies House. Recorded delivery is recommended as CH don’t give any allowance for postal delays or losses.

It is possible to file them on line, but it’s a very convoluted process that involves downloading a PDF and manually transcribing figures over. I would not recommend it. I don’t use it, even for our own accounts.